When I was young, I was once told a story that I still relate with everyday. Even today just before I started writing this blog post, the story still had influence on my life and I’m going to share it with you in a para-phase.
***There was this young man who journeyed to build a house for himself in a distant place. Since he’s new to the area, he needed to ask questions about the best location to site his new house but he didn’t. He went ahead, built his house and…
Unknown to him, there’re several times of lands in that area, some were particularly good for farming and some were particularly good for breeding animals while some are good for building nice houses.
This young man built his house on a ground that was supposed to be used for breeding animals. Little did he know that the kind of climate and wind around there including the strength of the ground made people to refrane from building houses there but because it’s cheap, he went ahead, built his house and started to build…eventually, he built his house untill disaster stroke him like a plague…
The land on which the man built his house was weak and very formidable. More to the assault is the fact that he didn’t employ the best possible materials in building. The rain and heavy wind started and all he labored for was destroy in one night.***
How does that applies to me and you as a blogger?
Before I answer that, why not let us see the morals of the lessons.
1. Always ask questions. You can know a new area more than those that are there before.
2. Due diligence is very important. If you miss this, you’ve missed all.
3. Your foundation will determine how far you’ll go in your life.
With the lessons above well taken note of, these are how you and I can explain this to our blogging career.
- Build a Strong Foundation- this might be overly easy judging by the conventional knowledge available on the subject. I’m sure you’ve read your share of things to know before starting a blog but I tell you that those are not what you need. I’ll write extensively about that later.
- You can’t blog in isolation! You just can’t!. I know this because i’m a testimony. I used to blog alone and wanted to achieve success alone but I came to discover that the internet is too vast for anyone to succeed alone. Even in life, we need the help of other people to get goals accomplished. That still applies in life and in blogging. You can’t do it alon! I’ll write later on how to get conversation going with people and how to get them interested in you.
- The deeper your foundation, the higher you building can stand! If you want to build a two storey building, you’ll need a more shallow foundation that if you want to build a sky-scraper. If you doubt me, ask Donald Trump!
I know there’re are things I didn’t explain into details here. I know there are things I need to further expand and I promise I’ll do that. I’ll continue this series if you like it.
In my next post, I’ll talk about the things you need to set a good blogging foundation so that you can build that blog and get a popular!